2010/10/19

Stretched

My legs felt really trashed after yesterday's workout. Blisters are proof that my feet aren't used to it anymore. It's going to be a hard transition. I wanted to jog to yoga this morning but I could barely get up. The yoga helps a lot with stretching though and I hope that I will have less problems due to the intense practice.

Today's lunch meeting is going to be another challenge. The pizza we have is so good that I'll really have to control myself.

Some people asked why I decided to do a marathon in three weeks. There's several reasons. I'd like to run at least one marathon a year; I'll have more time to prepare as long as my wife isn't here. Watching the finish of the Chicago marathon was very inspiring. Reading about Yoda-san qualifying for the Hakone Ekiden Select Team made me feel like I should run again too. M.'s boyfriend L. told me about a workout they used to do when he was a rower: running up the seats and down the stairs of the Harvard stadium (it's 37 sections, I haven't managed to complete all of them yet). I didn't want to continue eating crappy food all the either. The start of the registration of the Boston marathon and L.'s comments finally triggered the decision. Unfortunately, the marathon has already sold out. But still, I want to find out whether I can do it.

0 件のコメント: